Every year new web design trends appear or disappear. Some trends change completely and others suffer minor changes.
Web design trends help a designer to get better, to try new design styles. As a web designer, you should always be prepared to get done any project type. Some clients want what’s hot, they want to have websites that use the latest web design trends. Are you ready for that? The seven trends below will show you what is hot in 2010.
I’ll keep it simple, just like the trends do. The next sentence represent the summary for all 2010 trends. The web design trends for 2010 are simple and huge.
1. Oversized Logos and Headers. This trend makes the company to stand out and easy to remember by visitors. Flash headers are gone, now we use memorable headers in web design.
2. Huge Illustrations and Pictures. If you didn’t noticed the header and the logo this trend will catch your attention. The studies have shown that our brain focus better on graphics: in our case images and illustrations. More color they have, better.
3. Big Typography. This trend was used successfully in 2009 and will continue its race in 2010 too. A lot of sites use big typography to present their message (“what we do” “who we are”). Now with Typekit designers’ work became even easier.
4. Hand-drawn designs. The best way to personalize your blog/website is to use a sketch-based design. This trend gains a lot of popularity.
5. Minimalism. As I said, the minimalism is very popular. In 2010 will appear more websites with few design elements, unique typography and lot of white space.
6. Gigantic footer. The footer in 2010 is a place for everything: latest posts, social bookmarking, contact, Twitter updates and so on. Web designers accord more attention to the footer and make it more attractive than ever.
7. One page layouts. These one page layouts are the web designs that incorporate best latest web design trends. Usually they are used for portfolios.